About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quick Update

Another quick update of things I accomplished today, just because I feel proud again. :)

-refrained from eating ANY of the birthday cake sitting in the teachers' lounge! (amazing feat, must say.)
-had oatmeal with blueberries and teaspoon of peanut butter for lunch!
-had leftovers from previous meals for dinner!
-cooked up the frozen fish for tomorrow's dinner.
-made a 3 egg white, 1/2 yolk spinach/garlic/onion/mozzarella/tomato sauce omelet for tomorrow (either breakfast or lunch--haven't decided yet).
-worked out (4 miles).
-tried to track all my food as accurately as possible.
-ummm... thought i had more, but those are the things that i accomplished for myself today (and of course work-related things in the office, but that's not really my #1 priority; i am my #1 priority. ;P)!

btw, please don't get an inaccurate idea of my progress. i mean, i am doing some good for myself, but i'm also still struggling to not give in to my seemingly endless cravings for the "notorious trigger foods" (such as pastries and chocolate). today, i ended up eating two desserts (some type of pastry and some type of ice cream bar). i did track the calories and i did try to make up for it by working out extra hard, but i know that when trying to lose weight, diet is a bigger factor than exercise. i'm trying my best!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're doing a GREAT job. Seriously! I love that you're proud of yourself. It shows you mean to be on this journey and that you're into being on it, too! I'm proud as well! Go! Go! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy! You're being mindful of it, so that is a good place to start. You should check out healthier versions of the things you like. Like try pudding with whipped cream, Skinny Cow ice cream things, fudsicles, Weight watchers brownies, etc. You don't have to give that stuff up completely, just make them a little healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your updates area great! I don't know how you resisted birthday cake... I wouldn't have been able to. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete