About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Solo Sunday

As usual, I've managed to get a lot of things done this weekend. Usually, my most productive day of the week (with home stuff) is Sunday, but this weekend I split the load between Saturday and Sunday. Since lists always make me feel better somehow, here goes:

1. Cooked the sweet potatoes that were lying around, peeled 'em, cut 'em in half, and now they're ready to go!
2. I also chopped up a bunch of garlic and spinach for the week!
3. Cleaned the bathroom. (Not my fave task, but one's gotta do what one's gotta do!)
4. Did the laundry.
5. Stocked up on baking essentials (yogurt, baking soda, baking powder, whole wheat flour, eggs). I'm gonna have to get more bananas and perhaps some apple sauce.
6. Spent some time reading a little at a nearby Starbucks. :)
7. Sorted out my list of goals.
8. Talked to mi madre on the phone.

breakfast sometime during the week:
cranberry oatmeal w/ one very ripe banana, frozen strawberries, + cinnamon
today's breakfast:
3 egg whites + 1/2 yolk, spinach, garlic, mozzarella -- w/ sandwich thin toast + tangerine jam



Simple Goals (that I definitely should have already been doing):

1. Drink more water!!!
2. Stay within 1200 calories per day, regardless of how many calories burnt from exercise!
3. Stop eating when full, regardless of how much is left on the plate.

4 comments:

  1. That oatmeal looks really great! :) It's good that making lists help you... and when you get them done, you feel so accomplished and successful! :) It's always great to get stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangerine jam, never heard of it. Do you buy that or make it homemade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. Following the K.I.S.S. method is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like always, thanks for the support, ladies.....

    yes, i like to keep it simple!!!!! :)

    kelly - the tangerine jam is in fact homemade (but not by yours truly--'twas a gift from someone). :)

    ReplyDelete