About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Midnight Snack

Right now, it is past midnight here. I am hungry. I've consumed all the calories (and then some) that I should have had for the day. I've worked out.

If this were a dream world, a world in which I could eat anything I wanted and however much of it I wanted without gaining a single ounce or suffering from any health issues, I'd consume the following:

  • cheesy, crusty macaroni and cheese with a crunchy topping
  • corn dogs with ketchup and mustard
  • burritos with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese (and of course the meat + lettuce)
  • butter pecan cookies with whole milk
  • Girl Scout cookies (every kind, but esp. the Samoas, Peanut Butter Patties, + Thin Mints)
  • moist chocolate cake with chocolatey frosting
  • moist red velvet cake with divine cream cheese frosting
  • moist carrot cake with divine cream cheese frosting
  • peanut butter + banana sandwich (the way Elvis supposedly liked it)
  • stuffed french toast
  • everything at the Chinese buffet
  • stuffed crust pizza (don't really care about the topping as long as there's tomato sauce and LOTS OF CHEESE)
  • Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
  • Red Robin burger with endless fries and ketchup
  • hot dog with everything
  • Coldstone ice cream (any Signature Creations would do)
  • hoagie with EVERYTHING including mayo and sweet peppers
  • lobster bisque with biscuits
  • anything that Paula Deen makes
  • cannolis

But it (gotta face it) doesn't work like that. So I will not eat anything. I will wait it out. And I will feel good tomorrow morning. And I will deliberately eat veggies. I will choose to leave out the mayo or cheese when I can do without it. I will choose to drink skim milk. I will choose to have the cappuccino instead of the hot chocolate. I will choose to have the frozen yogurt instead of the indulgent "real" ice cream.  I will choose to check out the calories and serving size. I will choose fresh over processed. I'll feel better. I feel better just writing this! Lists are without a doubt therapeutic indeed. I'm still a bit hungry, but I'll be okay. I'll be happy tomorrow morning. I won't be regretting anything.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe. :-) I do this ALL THE TIME. :-) I always call my fiance and tell him everything I'd eat if I could. I think it calms me a little bit, like it almost makes me see how ridiculous binging really is. Either way, while it may seem a little silly- I think it is healthy! Just putting it all out there. :-) BTW... if I could have anything I wanted right now, I would totally have a swimming pool filled with pizza sauce and hundred of breadsticks, 7 cinnamon rolls, 7 orange rolls, a pumpkin pie, raspberry zingers, butternut squash soup, Chicago style pizza, bulgolgi, bubble tea, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, hot dog with relish, corn dog, and a dozen cupcakes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking control, good for you. It's not always easy, but it's worth it at the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete