About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Headache

Didn't accomplish much today.

I made myself sick by watching television, eating, and sleeping the entire day. As I don't have many friends in this country, I didn't have any plans to go out (not that I was really up for it anyway). Okay, there was one person who wanted to hang out with me today but as I mentioned, all I did was watch TV, eat, and sleep. By the time I thought about actually going out, I had already made myself feel horrible.

As I've been having trouble falling asleep at night (last night I closed my eyes at around 2:30 a.m.), I have understandably also been struggling to wake up early in the morning. I've been trying to force myself to wake up early by setting an alarm for 6:30 a.m.-ish in order to practice for what my schedule will be like when I start teaching again (which will be in like, 2 days), but without fail, I've been sleeping through each and every alarm. Now when I do start working, I actually have to wake up EARLIER than 6:30, more at like, 5:30 a.m. Thus the worrying. I'm sure I'll adjust to my new schedule out of necessity, but I'm sure as heck gonna be one miserably tired soul during my first week back at work.

So the course of my day went as such:

1. I woke up at 9:30 a.m.-ish and made myself breakfast:
hard boiled egg/spinach/garlic/mozzarella scramble, blueberries, banana, 1 toasted sandwich thin
closer view of egg scramble
I couldn't decide between savory and sweet, so I decided that I needed to have both! And it totally hit the spot... On hindsight, I don't think I needed that banana. It just added unneeded calories and didn't do much for me. But the sweetness of the blueberries and butteriness of the toast (I did use butter.) and heartiness of the scramble equaled one satisfying meal! Can you tell by now that I get extremely excited about "successful" food?!
2. I then proceeded to drink my usual coffee with cream and cinnamon (but had decaf. in an attempt to be able to fall asleep at an earlier time).
3. For some reason, I was craving chocolate. I felt that I just NEEDED to have this chocolate, or I'd somehow not be able to survive. Not very healthy, I know. Of course I didn't have any plain ol' chocolate lying around the house for me to binge on, but I did have the Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bar (chocolate peanut butter flavor), which I had been saving for when I'm really on-the-go. So for 180 calories, not only did I have one, but I had 2 in one sitting! They are MEAL bars, mind you, and I had 2, which means 360 calories in one sitting, plus another decaf. with cream. (And I am fully aware that decaf. does not mean zero caffeine.) =(
4. Then, a couple hours later, I wanted that sweet and savory combination again. So I microwaved left over roasted boneless chicken, and dipped it in this sweet sauce that it had come with. Was it a "successful" eating experience? No, it was not pleasant at all. Was it worth it? Not at all. Did I regret it? Fully. 
5. But I didn't stop my eating there. I had to eat that mochi ice cream (from yesterday) again. I had bought 2 packs at the mart, and managed to save one for today. I downed that. Yes, it was satisfying. Totally. Oh, by the way, I downed it with another cup of decaf. with cream and cinnamon! Then, I did something so.....senseless! I grabbed a Blueberry Crisp CLIF bar (another bar that I had been saving for when I'm truly on-the-go, and downed that as well.
6. Feeling quite (understandably) unwell, I took the liberty to lie down to soothe my discomfort. Not only did I feel weird, but my eyes felt heavy. I felt tired. And depressed. And just plain sick. And lonely. And the "boo hoo" list goes on...
7. I ended up falling asleep for about two hours. *Sigh* I still felt sick. And I totally defeated the purpose of drinking decaf. the entire day. Not only did I have 3 cups of it, but I also took a long nap!
8. I decided to get some things done and literally "better" myself. The last thing I wanted to do was to work out, but I knew that the only thing that could possibly make me feel better (both physically and emotionally) was to do it. I ended up doing this:
It made me feel a LOT better, but I knew I had eaten a lot today, and I had more in me... So, I downed some spinach banana smoothie for an energy boost (I felt that I needed something in me.), and did this:

This workout NEVER fails to break me into a sweat! It's torture, but I kept in mind what Billy Blanks always says during his Tae Bo workouts, something along the lines of, "The negative brings forth the positive." Plus, I want a LEAN body. And I think by doing this workout on a more regular basis, it could get me there sooner. We'll see. The only way I can see if this actually works is if I stick to it, right?

After washing up and changing out of my workout clothes, I'm sitting here and updating about my day. I feel a lot better after all. Tomorrow, I will go out instead of sitting at home and making myself sick! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Nice to meet you!! Going to check out your blog, maybe we can hang in there together and get some weight off. I am so sick of being sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meal bars are dangerous! Proceed with caution. I had to quit eating them altogether since I have a problem with eating the entire box when I should only eat one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME on makin' the workout happen! I just had to do the same thing at 11:00 PM...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were on a roll there ! lol
    At least you ended it with some workout. I'm sure it definitely made you feel better in your head and body !

    ReplyDelete