About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trigger Foods

Although yesterday was a success on the food front, today was not so much the case. Breakfast was fine. Lunch (my very late lunch, that is) was when it began spiraling out of control. Today, I had managed to walk to school (about a 50-minute to 1-hour walk). I had walked at a fairly brisk pace, too. So by the time noon rolled around, I was quite the hungry beast. However, for some reason I was again inspired to walk to the next bus station; I had a walking partner, which always seems to motivate me. Anyway, my walking partner also happened to be my lunch date. We decided to go for some Mexican.

Not such a wise choice, I know, but I was so craving it. Plus, as I've just mentioned a gazillion times, I needed to eat something ASAP. Starving mode= less control, period. All right, no excuses. I could have gotten a healthier option. I could have eaten less. I could have avoided getting something fried. I could have avoided the sour cream.

Damage had been done. But that was not all the damage that was to be done for the day. There was more. Oh, there was more. I stopped by one of my favorite cafes (which just happens to be in the vicinity of the Mexican place we went to) and very "carefully" picked several pastries I wanted to try out, making mental note of the calories for each serving size. I didn't intend to eat them all at once, of course. Just here and there, whenever I had enough room to wiggle more calories in. Okay, you know where this is heading. My story ends there for now. Pictures will do the rest of the telling.

2-egg omelette with purple sweet potatoes, onion, shredded mozzarella, + tomato sauce on side for dab of sweetness


usual morning coffee with cream + cinnamon

chicken chimichangas (both entrees shared with lunch date)

chicken nachos

enjoyed another tall lowfat vanilla cappuccino

had TWO of these!!!

enjoyed one of these... AND a mini cherry tart (not pictured here)

boatload of spinach washed to prepare for tomorrow's healthy meals + "redeem" myself
unopened bread that will REMAIN on the kitchen counter tonight























No comments:

Post a Comment