Looks like I'm reaping what I put in. :)
Yesterday, I tried on my (before really tight) size 8 jeans, and lo and behold, they fit! They weren't extremely comfortable, but nevertheless I was able to zip them up and actually breathe! It was so rewarding.
Another good piece of news: In the morning when I stepped on the scale I discovered that I've lost a couple pounds. Yippee!!! (Just a couple days ago, it was seeming as though the scale wasn't budging, but all my hard work is finally starting to pay off.)
These days, I've been doing some standing pilates exercises and limiting my sugar intake, along with the number of calories I take in per day. In addition, today I managed to walk home from school AND take the stairs up to the 8th floor, where my apartment is.
Today is Valentine's Day here, and I had an intense craving for chocolate, so I stopped by the bakery (with firm determination to keep my goal in my mind and not go crazy), and carefully selected just 2 things. When I got home, I had just half of one pastry, and put the rest of the sweets in the fridge for a later time. Oh my goodness. I seriously hope I can stay this motivated and DO THIS.
Lesson learned: Everything I put into my mouth (the amount of calories I consume, all of it--) does matter, and everything I do (every type of exercise I do, no matter how trivial it seems--) counts.

No comments:
Post a Comment