About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'll Be All Right

I'm frustrated, but I'll be all right.

It seems that I'm not losing the amount of weight that perhaps I feel I SHOULD be losing, considering how much energy I'm spending these days and the lengths I'm going to to watch my food intake. And I'm not just talking about the scale. I'm talking about my face, my arms, and my stomach.

When I wrote about how I fit into my size 8 jeans, I actually felt ALMOST comfortable in them. However, today, when I put them on again, they still did fit, but it felt tighter around the waist! Oh my. In all fairness to myself, I had just eaten lunch, but STILL. It makes me wonder why my stomach gets bloated so easily. Could it be perhaps that I'm allergic to certain types of food? Not sure.

Anyway, regardless of the lack of results I'm seeing, I am proud of myself. I've found ways to incorporate a lot more veggies and fruits into my diet. For instance, yesterday, I used some spinach, banana, carrot juice, and yogurt to make a pretty tasty smoothie. I've also been incorporating spinach into most of my savory meals (sandwiches, side dishes, etc...), and today I went to the mart to buy some red peppers and ended up buying frozen blueberries as well. Oh, and I also got a food scale, so when in doubt, I can actually measure my food. Oh yes, I'm taking this seriously.

Admittedly, there are instances, however, when I really just have to resort to guesstimating the number of calories in a certain meal, but if I am off, hopefully I am overestimating (rather than underestimating) the total.

So there ya have it. That's what I've been up to these days. And it's been keeping me quite busy. I'm in it to win it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment