About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back (With a Vengeance)

I am SO sorry I've been M.I.A....

So, last time I updated was in December. Lots of things have happened since then. I visited my parents and friends back home, for one thing. I have to say, during my time back home (not literally in the house, but with hometown people) I experienced so many different feelings, so many places that I didn't want to visit. I felt humiliated and embarrassed and desperate and hopeless and unattractive, to say the least. Perhaps once I "get over" the sharp sting of the "ouches" I've experienced, I'll permit myself to get into a bit more detail about the events that occurred.

However (and this is a BIG HOWEVER), I'm not gonna continue to feel sorry for myself. I'm the one who gained the weight, and I'm the one who's gonna have to take the weight off. If I'm going to take it off, I better put some effort into it, and boy, does it take effort. I vow to myself that I'm gonna do what it takes to achieve some fantastic results. I don't wanna live a half-assed life anymore. I'm tired of worrying about how fat I look, or how the black shirt with the right cut could make me look a bit thinner, or what exactly I'm going to wear. I'm tired of feeling less than comfortable in my jeans, and feeling the need to "cover up."

I'm gonna do it.

I've been working out diligently and tracking my calories and fitness activities on livestrong.com (EXCELLENT site, by the way). I'm also gonna start tracking my weight. I found out that I've gained 6 lbs. since the last time I weighed myself. Whoa! No wonder my clothes felt TIGHT.

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. There have been many who went on this journey before me. There are many who have succeeded. They did it. Why can't I? Good question: why CAN'T you? You can do it, too. You can do it. You can. So do it. Why wait any longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment