About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Another 8 Miles

Well, I didn't eat quite as healthily as I could've. I had fried chicken, and I had chocolate. Lots of chocolate. However, I did refrain from other calories that I usually consume, such as the cafe lattes or hot chocolates or the casual cookie.

In addition, I exercised another 8 miles today! It's amazing how easily I could lose weight if only I watched my diet. Even without "starving" myself/limiting myself to salads and "blah" food, I already see some impressive results. My thighs especially look more toned and slimmed.

I need to get rid of the mindset that losing weight is tricky and hard. It doesn't have to be tricky, as long as I remember and follow the basic principle that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. About two years ago, I managed to lose about 10 pounds, which was an amazing feat, considering I never once really was successful at losing weight "the right way" before. What I did two years ago was, I watched my caloric intake (I think I limited myself to 1200 calories.) and exercised for about 2 hours a day. Yes, it was strict. It worked! I don't remember what it was that pushed me to begin trying to lose weight, but I think watching an episode of "The Biggest Loser" definitely made a huge impact. I thought, "If THEY can do it, I can do it TOO." And I realized that it does take commitment. Of course at first it was hard, but I eventually began enjoying the exercise. In addition, I was so busy at the time (student teaching and getting my portfolio ready and getting prepared for tentative interviews) that I didn't focus much on food. I ate mostly for fuel, not for pleasure. I didn't have the leisure to sit at home with a bunch of time on my hands thinking about and drooling over food.

So, again I sit here and reflect on my experiences and inward journey. I am going to tackle this problematic mindset once and for all.

4 comments:

  1. 8 miles ???? WHOA !
    I need to get off my butt !!!! lol
    Good job, lady.

    ~kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello busylady :)
    Just to let you know that I've given you an award. Come get it and (if you want) pin it on your blog that I always enjoy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle is right, 8 miles is impressive! keep at it! happy new years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the shout out and support, elle. :)

    and although it is a bit late, happy new year to you too, bella!!!

    ReplyDelete