So today, I finally weighed myself. After having avoided the scale for the past three months, today I felt strong enough to face the damage that has been done. Lo and behold, I've gained 2 kilograms! I thought I had gained at least 10 lbs. Well, that's not to say that 2 kilograms is an okay number to gain, since my goal was to LOSE or at least MAINTAIN, not GAIN. However, now that I know where I am, I'll be able to measure my progress. I'm gonna keep myself accountable.
I'll be going to see the 'rents and rest of the fam in several days (in time for Christmas), and I wanna look (and therefore, feel) as best as I can.
Also, note to self: WHY DO YOU NEED TO CONSTANTLY RE-MOTIVATE YOURSELF LIKE THIS?! You know you don't want to waste your 20's wallowing in incessant insecurity. You want to enjoy life 100%. You want to be 100% confident. You want to be able to for once, not have to worry about what to wear or how un-flat the stomach is, or how much your thighs rub against each other, or how your arms look chunky in that sweater and shoulders look too wide in that jacket. You want to be complete and be free to simply "be," to be yourself, without feeling self-conscious. You can do this. It's all about the mindset. You NEED to do this. You don't have anymore time to waste. BE FREE. BE FREE. FREE YOURSELF. Find support. Do the best you can. NEVER EVER EVER give up. I love you. I love you. I love you.
Today's Accomplishments:
-graded student essays!
-ate slightly more lightly than usual
-got out of the house
-prepared a little for the flight back home
-finally called Grandma :)
-weighed myself and recorded it
-exercised!!!
Speaking of Exercise...
-8 miles!!! Woo!

No comments:
Post a Comment