About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quick Post

I know it's been over a week since I last updated... This weekend was a bit busier for me than usual because I had to attend a workshop (it was for 2 days and 1 night). Then the day after I got back from the workshop, I had plans to meet up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Thus, the sudden abundance of things to do kinda forced me to put aside some of my weekend hobbies (such as blogging + reading + writing). In addition, I usually blog only when I truly feel like it. Although I do want to use it as a source of accountability, I also use it to vent, and I'd like to keep this activity a pleasurable one, not one that I feel "forced" to do.

Anyway, right now I feel like updating! Before I had to go to the darn workshop (Thursday morning~Friday evening), I kept up with the exercise and ate moderately sensibly, I suppose. And during the workshop, I knew I wouldn't be doing any official exercise, so I made sure I stuck to small meals (so my tummy would feel comfortable and NOT bloated).

Admittedly, the no-exercise mode stuck till today (which is Sunday), but nonetheless I did do it today. Even though I didn't initially feel like it. Oh, and another thing I'm proud of..... I repeatedly fought the urge to order a large pizza. Seriously. I think ever since I got back from the workshop, every single day (Friday night to today, from 11 a.m. to about 8 p.m.) I have had to really try to talk myself into cooking my own meals instead of just ordering in food. I guess since it's cold out, I wanted to feel the warmth of already prepared food. Anyway, I ended up cooking for myself the entire day instead of succumbing to my fleeting and rather annoying cravings, and I am very glad that I did.

Breakfast:
-pb + jam with banana on one slice of bread
-Thai tea

Snack:
-muesli with peanut butter


Lunch:
-tomato sauce (with natural pumpkin + peas/carrots mixed in) + 2 slices of cheese on one slice of bread
-Thai tea

Dinner:
-50/50 white/brown rice with assorted side dishes (including tofu + Spam)
-glass of chilled green tea

Exercise:
-5 miles

On top of cooking for myself the entire day and making sure to exercise, I did the laundry AND pampered myself with a moisturizing facial mask. Ah, I also packed my lunch for work and am just relaxing right now before I call it a night. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yea you shouldn't feel forced to blog. You should only do it when you want to. I love to write, so when I have something in my mind, it's not difficult for me to type away. But there are days when I really don't feel like writing anything lol.

    Anyway, you seem to exercise regularly. It makes me feel so ashamed... Good job. Big results must be coming !

    ~kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle - Fortunately, I think I've been successful in making regular exercise a habit. My main hills to tackle is eating right (controlling the ridiculously unhealthy cravings for chocolate and sandwiches and bread and fried foods and creamy icing, etc...Have I made my point yet? =P), tracking calories, and keeping portion sizes under control!

    Thanks for the regular feedback! I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete