About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What I Ate Today

  • chocolate shake w/ plain yogurt + ground flax seed (283)
  • cappuccino (125)
  • potato chips (150)
  • cheese pastry (160)
  • Hershey's milk chocolate pearls (100)
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs (140)
  • vegetable rice porridge (207)
  • Belcube cheese (14)
  • Activia yogurt drink (90)
Total Calories: ~1270
Exercise: 3 miles w/ weights + 2 miles + 10 min. pilates stretching
Weight: maintained

Again, I did not eat enough fruits/veggies today. Since I started counting calories again, I've gotten into the dangerous habit of "saving" my calories in order to eat what I really want to eat (which is stuff like chocolate and ice cream and lattes), which means I haven't been "leaving room" for the good-for-you stuff. I know that this is not a healthy thing to do, and therefore I packed a healthy, protein-filled egg + red/yellow pepper salad for tomorrow's lunch that comes in at around only 150 calories per serving!

I was a tad disappointed that my weight was the same as yesterday, but on the other hand, it can't be healthy to lose a pound a day, right? That's an unhealthy losing rate, anyway. I've found that religiously tracking calories and NOT formally tracking activity on livestrong.com helps me (Instead, I record my daily activity elsewhere.), because when I tracked my exercise on the site, it would subtract the # of calories I burned while exercising, and therefore, "allow" me to eat more, which was just confusing and most likely not accurate anyway. I've been attempting to keep my daily caloric intake to anywhere from 1100~1300 calories and exercising hard no matter what. This has to work! As long as I stick to it, I believe it will work.

As for the Slim Fast shakes, here's my take on them. When I originally bought the shake mix, I did so because I was traveling to a different country and I didn't want to risk taking something that I had not tried before. Since I had had experience with Slim Fast and rather liked the milk chocolate and chocolate royale flavors, I went with the chocolate royale. In short, I just didn't want to risk being stuck with a big load of a protein shake that I ended up despising the taste of. Honestly, the Slim Fast shakes do taste good (at least the chocolate flavors), although I don't feel full for long. I do regret not trying out a more nutrient-filled protein shake mix, but since I have the Slim Fast on hand right now, why waste it? I'm gonna use up what I have and try out something else when I'm finished with the product. Just to make things clear, I do not use shakes as a staple meal. I bought the shake mix with the intention of using it when I'm on-the-go, which I usually am in the morning these days.

3 comments:

  1. you know what I do so that I ensure I eat my veggies? I cut them up adn put them on my plate with the things that I really want and I have to eat the veggies first lol I am doing it right now. I have to eat some cucumber before I can eat my peamale bacon. You should give it a try!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing too at times, save my calories for processed crap instead of fruits, veggies and protein. I am struggling to get back on track. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole saving calories and it messing with my mind is the reason I don't do it anymore. It's too much of a slippery slop for my disordered eating brain.

    I'm also intrigued by the idea of vegetable rice porridge. I like all of those words!

    ReplyDelete