About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

What I Ate Today

Well, it's that time of the month for me. And while I always crave chocolate and ice cream (as without fail, I'm always up for some), and yes, I'm gonna blame it on that TOM here--I craved chocolate and ice cream that much more this weekend. Fortunately, I was able to stay within 1300 calories. However, it just alarms me a bit that I've been consuming so many dairy products. You'll see what I mean once you read my list of eats:

  • egg white/red pepper/yellow pepper/onion/beans/mozzarella cheese scramble wrap with plain yogurt on the side (skim milk + ground flax seed were added to the scramble.)
  • espresso
  • 100 calorie chocolate cake snack (similar to a Hostess)
  • banana split ice cream
  • cappuccino
  • yogurt parfait
  • zucchini w/ egg white + soy/rice vinegar/sesame oil dipping sauce
I am aware that I consumed a lot of empty calories in the middle of my day, but they were all eaten in limited portion sizes. I just wonder whether consuming too many dairy products with high fat content affects weight loss negatively (despite the fact that I'm restricting total calories per day). Hrmmm.....

Nevertheless, I've been on a roll. I haven't binged at all! I've been tracking every morsel that goes into my mouth (except perhaps sugar-free gum). I've been working out (although not as hard as I was when I was consuming a lot more food). Last time I weighed myself, I had lost a pound. Since it is that TOM for me at the moment, I shall refrain from going on the scale till I feel a bit less bloated. Regardless of how I feel (a bit discouraged and doubtful), I'm gonna keep on keepin' on. I'm sure that I'll see some amazing results sooner or later!

Exercise: 3 miles with weights + 10 minutes cardio kickboxing

Here is a photo of something I ate yesterday:

sandwich thins topped with a tomato flavor Belcube, plain unsweetened yogurt, slices of red + yellow pepper, and a dash of ground black pepper (no salt needed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment