- bowl of udon noodles + 4 pieces of sushi
- chocolate soft-serve ice cream
- Snickers bars (2) :(
However, instead of acting on impulse, I waited it out. I knew that there were plenty of healthy ingredients in the fridge to make myself a healthy meal if I got hungry. I knew that I didn't need to spend anymore money on food that would ultimately get me further away from where I want to be. I knew that my body was reacting violently to the high amount of sugar and salt that it had taken in. Thus the cravings and the bloated feeling and the overall feeling of discomfort and unhealthiness. Of course another option was to just NOT EAT anything more throughout the day, as I had already plowed through high-calorie junk. I knew I needed to work out, and in order to do that, I'd need something of substance in me. I knew that if I worked out without eating dinner, I would be low on energy throughout the workout AND feel somewhat "entitled" to eat a late-night snack afterward. Thus, I knew I should eat something, even though it would take me way over my daily calorie limit.
While "waiting it out," I had been watching Nigella Lawson clips on youtube, drooling over her luscious desserts (and enjoying listening to the way she manages to string words together so pleasantly), and I was suddenly inspired to cook something for myself. Thus the creation: whole wheat pasta with walnut "cream" sauce!
I am delighted to reveal that the sauce indeed had no cream in it. The ingredients for the sauce were as follows: several dashes of skim milk, sprinklings of wheat flour, one egg yolk, left over shredded mozzarella (~1/8 cup), toasted walnut halves, toasted garlic and onion, couple sprinklings of salt, and a dash of Italian dressing (to add some seasoning to a dish that could otherwise be described as "bland," as I had used a minimal amount of salt to season it). The toasted walnuts, garlic, and onion were ground up into a sauce in and of itself before being added into the rue. Tossed in some chicken breast meat (and cherry tomatoes at the end), and there it was--a quite successful healthified dish. I ended up eating about 2/3 of the serving, and saved the rest for a later time. By the way, also saved the egg white to use in tomorrow's breakfast, whatever that will be... :)
After the feel-good meal, I worked out (4 miles). Today, I did not make good choices, but it wasn't a total failure. I picked myself back up again. I am determined to keep on keepin' on. And stay AWAY from the trigger foods.

That pasta sauce looks great. I've just found your blog today and plan to explore it more. You have some really helpful ideas:)
ReplyDelete