About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Consistency

I'm very happy and relieved to write here that I have been continuously making responsible choices for myself. The current victories are as follows:

1. Last night, for instance, when my cousin brought home a late-evening meal, I was beyond tempted to eat right alongside her. However, I made it clear that I had already eaten my dinner, and that I was not going to eat with her. *Giving myself a pat on the back.*
2. One of my coworkers brought some cheesecake into work and demanded I eat some. Instead of eating the entire slice, I only ate 1/3 of it! (That is a huge step forward for me.)
3. Later on during dinner, she again kept demanding me to eat the last entree that came out, which I had no intention of eating. I made it very clear that I was too full and would not be having anymore!
4. I have also been staying away from consuming too many carbs and my trigger foods (cookies, pastries, ice cream, cake, etc.....). Boy, was I tempted to buy "just one treat" for myself, but I know where that would most likely lead me. One decision at a time.
5. In addition, I went grocery shopping and loaded up on good, wholesome food that I can turn to at a moment's notice (brown rice, canned chicken breast meat, cherry tomatoes, mini onions, skim milk, squash).
6. On TOP of that, I also have been kicking my own butt in the exercise department for 3 days in a row. Pilates has been kicking my butt! (When doing pilates, I usually stick to standing pilates and pilates with cardio/weights added into the workout.) I love the comforting and relaxing stretches that my body gets, and although it is quite painful in the beginning, my body instantly begins craving these workouts.

Ballet body, here I come! :)

4 comments:

  1. You're doing good right now! I fell off the wagon and struggling to get back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. It's always a score when you can stand your ground whether it be your own cravings or the demands of another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Great commitment and great job planning ahead for healthy meals :)

    ReplyDelete