About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Better (Than Before)

I hadn't been exercising regularly (because I was kind of stuck in "give up"/lazy rut mode), but a couple days ago I started picking it up again. I felt that I should do something that I could really "feel" on the inside, not something that I could do without thinking. I wanted to do something that required extra coordination and thought. Thus, I popped in a standing pilates DVD and went for it. I felt tremendously better after sweating it out a little. Then, I managed to do some arm exercises using 2.2 lb. weights. On top of that, I also did some pilates exercises that target the thighs. Awesome feeling!

I've come to really like that burning and sore feeling. I crave it.

I've also picked myself back up again on the eating front. I'm determined to stay within 1200 calories. Forreal. I know I seem to keep saying this over and over again and then failing. But I've gotta try again. If I don't try again, then I would be a failure in the truest sense. Right? Therefore, I'm gonna step out again, and think positively, and try to live a balanced, responsible life. I'm gonna make responsible decisions. I'm gonna eat more vegetables. I'm gonna cook more. I'm gonna try not to waste any money on junk food. I'm gonna weigh myself this Sunday. I will, regardless of how I bloated or big I feel. I need to face the truth.

Thanks for the encouragement. I truly appreciate it. I'd like to hand out a figurative Skinny Cow Truffle Bar (I've never tried it, by the way.) to everyone as a symbol of gratitude. :)

5 comments:

  1. I would prefer the skinny cow ice cream sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling is better than not trying. Keep your efforts going.
    Something that helped me be successful is to take on one challenge at a time. I had to make each change a habit for I successfully could tackle another. I honestly wrote down everything I ate and drank each and every day until it became as natural as brushing my teeth each day. Then I started in on exercise with a purpose. As the weight started falling away I had to be honest when certain foods and behaviors no longer worked in my goal of losing the weight and keeping the pounds off but with each honest effort I learned, adapted, changed and got to where I can be happy and healthy today.

    Jane
    Keepingthepoundsoff.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done is better than well said. How often have we all figuratively "put our foot down", this time it's for real, and felt virtuous about our renewed effort? It was often to feel better about what we were really going to do - eat for the rest of the day because we were going to start tomorrow. I invite you to read "The Night Lie" in my archives. I think it will give you some insight. It did me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit I am stuck in a rut/give up/lazy mode at the moment. I'm eating way too much, craving carbs and no will to exercise at all. I've been sick, I'm not sleeping well blah blah blah, I need to give myself and pep talk and get back on the horse. You've inspired me to pick myself up again! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling a little better. Keep getting better. :)

    ReplyDelete