About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Confused But Not Hopeless

I've been totally confused. I don't know why I sabotage myself. Why do I do this? Why do I feel "hungry" when I know I shouldn't? Why do I eat the foods that I know I shouldn't? Why don't I push myself? Why can't I do what I had once done successfully in the past before? Why do I keep losing hair? Why do I feel bloated all the time? Why won't my stomach flab go away? Why can't I get rid of my back fat? Why are my inner thighs getting bulkier? Why do I keep wasting money on food that is not good for me? Why do I do this to myself? Why can't I fight the temptations? Why do I lack the energy or the actual will to exercise? Why have I lost my groove? Why can't I stay consistent? Don't I want to do this (lose the weight)? Don't I want it enough? Don't I feel miserable enough as it is already?

4 comments:

  1. I am VERY glad that you titled this post in a way that shows you still have hope! Hope is as essential as action I think, so you're part way there! Are there emotional aspects to your eating that you haven't addressed? The order of weight loss success that I seem to see in others and myself is: mental, diet, exercise. If you're beating yourself up for not being successful all the time on the last two in that equation you're not being fair to yourself. That being said, everyone deals with the emotional stuff differently...and we often don't even know what it is that's driving our "hunger" until we work at figuring it out.

    I don't know if that's helpful, but I believe you can do this! Maybe when you get hungry, but know it's in your head write in a journal about all your thoughts. Or something else, but don't be too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I got a handle on the cravings when I went low carb. It has been a God send. I am not a purist. I began by just cutting out the obvious sugars like the cookies, candy, desserts, etc. I have also cut out breads for the most part. I have switched to a low-glycemic index bread called Ezekiel bread. It has no flour and is made out of sprouted grains. There is a line of crackers called Wasa that are low-carb. A book I highly recommend for you is by Gary Taube - Why We Get Fat and What to do About It. I have not gotten myself into ketosis - was too tired, bad breath, bad taste. Read up on it. It may be just what you need. If you will keep your carbs low, you will lose weight, won't be so hungry (panic, anxiety kind of hunger), and feel better. Let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask myself many of these questions on a regular basis, I have no idea but I know for me if I want to change the outside I have to change the weird messed up wiring on the inside which is what I'm working on at the moment. Trawling around in your head to find out what really is going on in there is tough but I recommend it!
    Kelty is right, don't be too hard on yourself, we are all so critical of ourselves and that really doesn't helo in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there. In my opinion, and my personal experience, it all stems from emotional eating. I never believed it until one day it really just hit me. I recommend the book, Women Food and God by Geneen Roth. She talks about it in a way that really opened my eyes to what I was doing. Its about emotional eating, why we do it, why it doesn't work, how to change it. It really helped me. I did a little review on my blog here- http://needtogetmeback.blogspot.com/2011/02/problem-emotional-eating.html

    Most importantly, don't beat yourself up. Just try to learn from it and change it and move on.

    ReplyDelete