About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Prepared

So last night I did some prep work. I blended up (~8) frozen strawberries + (~2 medium) frozen bananas + (~1/6 cup) chocolate shake powder + (1 cup) skim milk + some water + dash of cinammon for today's breakfast.

For today's lunch, I prepared a chicken salad with orange slices on the side. Low carb goodness! :)

So far today:

-coffee w/ cream
-1/2 of the blended fruit concoction
-yogurt drink
-tall nonfat hazelnut cappuccino

I wanna throw out the "all or nothing" mentality in the trash for good! I know I'll revert back to that thinking from time to time, but seriously, life is about way more than _________________ (You name it.), and I'm not gonna worry my butt off about calories in and calories out all the time. I will of course be intentional in my decisions and be thoughtful about what I eat. I will exercise. I will do what I believe is best for me. I'll take it one day, one decision, at a time.

7 comments:

  1. Yep, the all-or-nothing mentality is a tough one to leave behind...but even your approach to getting rid of it is a good one (not all-or-nothing, since you know you'll revert sometimes!).

    Maybe 80/20 is the way to go...on track 80% of the time, not on track 20%. That means probably having to live with achieving 80% of your goal vs 100%...hmmm....

    Striking that balance is a tricky thing, but it sounds like you want to think about more in your life than calories/food/exercise.

    You're so smart to be figuring out all of this at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The all or nothing is a hard one. One I'm still working on too, but getting much better at. Good job planning. It really does help, and I did it this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you finding pumpkin juice and is it good? I love pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always had an issue with the all or nothing mentality, I even wrote a post about it awhile back. http://needtogetmeback.blogspot.com/2011/01/all-or-nothing-mentality.html

    I felt like I was always either losing weight or actively gaining it, not good! I try to do the 80/20 rule. Be good 80% of the time and let yourself go 20% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly - Actually, I the pumpkin juice is I drink is a product from South Korea.

    According to the label, the juice contains:

    Home Growth-Organic Pumpkin Extracts 90%, Liquefied Fruit Sugar, Apple Juice Concentrate(domestic production), Jujube Juice Conc

    (1)Using Organic Pumpkin of Home Growth.
    (2)Using low temperature enzyme sampling process, minimizing the loss of ingredients.
    (3)Containing over 90% of Organic Pumpkin Extracts of Home Growth( over 0.7Brix )
    (4)Containing lots of vegetable fiber
    (5)Preservatives, Food Colors, and Artificial Flavoring Free

    You can find the product at this website:
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/109279401/Aramfarm_Eco_friendly_Pumpkin_Juice_1L.html

    I personally like the taste. It's sweet and you can taste the pumpkin, but it also has a subtle melon-y flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That breakfast smoothie sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 80/20 hmm.. Eat well 8 days and completely obliterate that awesomeness with 2 days of awful.. Wonder why we are heavy.. 100%, all the time, get to where you want to be,,

    ReplyDelete