About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Sorry for the "oh-so-original" post titles!

Anyway, I have indeed been exercising regularly. Admittedly, I'm not working out the way I used to (less intensity and duration these days), but I'm still trying to get at least 3 miles in daily. Yesterday, I managed to get 3 miles in, but today I didn't. After work, I went to the city to get my hair did; afterward, my cousin and I had dinner (comforting bowls of pho and summer rolls and even a creamy avocado shake). Yums. It would make sense to get a work out in after that indulgent meal of sorts, but I've been physically and mentally exhausted lately, due to starting a new job!

Although I am still looking for teaching positions, I am currently working at a nearby high school as a PCA (Personal Care Assistant). It doesn't pay very well, but it's nearby, not too demanding, and hey, it's a job. The only draining thing about it is that after having been unemployed for so long, I'm not used to waking up so early in the morning (5:15 a.m.). Can't really complain, though. I'm grateful for the job.

One unrelated thing I wanted to mention: Atkins Day Break Chocolate Hazelnut Bar!
Not only does it have 6 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber, 1 gram of sugar, and only 3 grams of net carbs, but it also tastes fantastic. Truly amazing for a low carb bar. If you like the taste of Nutella hazelnut spread, you will probably love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment