About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What I Ate Today

In the morning, I dropped by Wawa as usual for the $1 coffee deal. Of course I got the 24 oz., although I know that's a whole lotta coffee to be consuming during the first half of the day. I'm in love with Kona Blend. I've been pouring in some light cream and some Irish Cream or French Vanilla, depending on what's easiest to grab. I didn't have any time to prepare breakfast, nor did I feel like buying a calorie-laden breakfast sandwich, so I ended up unwrapping a handy Atkins Day Break Hazelnut Bar.

I ended up not eating anything for lunch at work, although I was hungry and actually did have a Kellogg's Special K Protein Shake on hand. I just didn't feel like having a chocolate drink for lunch, so I waited it out till I got home. On the way home, I succumbed to my impulse to buy food, and dropped by Saladworks. After devouring my salad and bread with butter, I made myself a cup of coffee with half and half and ate a blondie bar. I don't know why I ate it; to be honest, it wasn't even good (the blondie bar, I mean).

At around 6 p.m., I made myself get into my workout gear and went downstairs to the basement to get started. I ended up doing 2 miles with weights and then another 1 mile (so 3 miles total). Afterward, I took a nice, hot shower and prepared dinner for mi padre. I wasn't feeling very hungry after my ginormous mid-day meal, so I just had the container of left over soup and a Cutie (California mandarin). Then, I made myself a cup of lemon tea to sip on while watching my guilty pleasure ("Real Housewives of Beverly Hills").

I know that I ate quite recklessly, without really considering my hunger and/or # of total calories. It is such a pain in the butt, but I know I need to start counting calories again, because that is the only way I will ever lose weight!

1 comment:

  1. I know that counting calories is a pain, and you have mentioned that you get a little obsessed, (that was you right?) but I really think that counting is worth it. You may just want to start to count to see how many you are actually consuming each day. That alone may be insightful. In any case, good luck and keep up the good work of working out!

    ReplyDelete