About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Picking Myself Back Up

So... It's been a while since the last time I've posted. I guess I've just chosen to be lazy. Plus, I was disappointed in and ashamed of my choices.

Last week for the entire week and up to yesterday, I was a mess. An utter mess. Last Monday, I met up with a friend for some drinks. Before meeting up with her, I had eaten this suspicious left over dish that had been sitting in my fridge for an entire week or two. Of course we had to drink, and when we drink, we eat something. Then, we went for another round, at another place. Drank some more, ate some more. I was eating MORE on top of the suspicious dish that had left me feeling yucky in the first place. However, I wasn't eating much by the second round--by then, I was crying, bawling, for some reason. I find that I do that at times when I'm drunk--cry my freakin' eyes out. I just couldn't stop. The tears kept flowing down and down with no mercy, and I was a complete mess and totally drunk.

As soon as I made it back to my place (my friend dropped me off, of course), I headed straight for the bathroom and threw up all over the place. I mean, ALL OVER. All over my clothes, all over the floor, some of my vomit even landed on the walls. To make a long story short, it was not pretty. Thank goodness I had made it to the bathroom in time! I went straight to bed without cleaning up. The next morning, I had no strength to wake up or get out of bed because each time I got up to take a shower, I'd vomit. Thus, I couldn't go to work... By the next day, I felt a little better, but was not 100% recovered. Of course I still indulged as though I were 100% recovered. Ugh. I suffered this nauseous feeling of having to throw up, but not actually throwing up, and not being able to go #2, even, for an entire week. I think it was a combination of food poisoning AND alcohol poisoning. Luckily, today I am feeling better. And I forced myself to work out.

That ALWAYS makes me feel 1,000 times better, without fail. :) As someone wise once said, "You haven't failed until you quit trying." After what seemed like an eternity of feeling like a bloated and over-stuffed failure, today I picked myself back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment