When I hopped on the scale today, I discovered that I gained 2 pounds. Now, I know this could be for a number of reasons. I could have simply consumed too many calories (Perhaps I underestimated the number of calories I was consuming in certain meals.), or it could be because it is close to that time of month and it's water weight, or perhaps I've gained some muscle. Who knows? All I can do is keep goin'. I might need to lower my daily calorie intake goal, but I don't want to lower it too much. I'm so close to making the 10-pound mark. It's right within my grasp.
What I Ate Today
- 09AM: Dunkin' Donuts medium iced coffee w/ cream + Big N' Toasty breakfast sandwich
- 02PM: Kellogg's Special K Cracker Chips (1/2 serving) + Lean Cuisine Ranchero Braised Beef
- 03PM: coffee w/ fat free creamer + Fiber One 90 Calorie Peanut Butter Brownie w/ lite whipped cream
- 08PM: Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine Noodles in healthified "cream" sauce w/ broccoli
- 09PM: low-fat mint ice cream sandwich w/ lite whipped cream
- Exercise: Crunch - Burn & Firm Pilates (just the standing pilates portion) + 2 miles from Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home series: 5 Day Slim Down DVD.
My daily calorie intake goal is just a little above 1300 calories, which seems reasonable. I don't really want to lower calories too much, because if it's too low, I know that I will have a really difficult time maintaining the restraint.
It could be all the carbs. I just discovered that all calories are not created equal when I tried low carb for three days. I LOVE my carbs so it was hard to do but it was really eye opening for me. I never planned to do it long term b/c I don't think it's sustainable but it was good for me to see that I could limit carbs and what the effect might be. Anyhow, good luck with getting back on track with the numbers.
ReplyDeleteYou know what? You're right. I didn't think of that for some reason. I have been eating a lot of carbs and processed foods these days. I need to base my meals on the good stuff, not on the processed stuff, which is usually carbs.
Delete