Cold and hungry is what I am.
Let me recap what the past several days have been like, since I haven't updated in a while. Well, I probably haven't mentioned this in detail, but I am currently living far away (like, in a different country far away) from my family right now due to work. About two weeks ago I bought a ticket to visit my family for Christmas.
I know that I should be losing the weight for myself. In fact, I WANT to lose the weight. I want to look fantastic in clothes and wear form-fitting styles and be more confident in general. However, just the fact that I bought a ticket to see them made it kick in for me. Suddenly the aim to lose the weight became all the more real.
And so no more "just one more day of eating this crap and I'll get back into the groove tomorrow." I think I've learned my lesson that yes, a day of eating the crap does have an effect on me. Not only do the extra calories actually, lo and behold, make me gain more weight, but along with the undesired weight comes intense cravings for more of the fattening, sugary junk.
Enough explaining myself. So how did it all fare? I've been drinking soy espresso beverages in the morning to fill myself up (and avoid the extra calories of a real breakfast, I suppose), eating a portion-controlled relatively low-carb lunch, and eating what I want for dinner (just in moderation, or more moderation than before). Another thing I've been doing is drinking more green tea instead of coffee with cream and sugar.
I haven't counted calories or weighed myself yet, but I do see some slight results. For instance, the overall puffiness of my face and hands has gone down, and I think my arms and legs ARE feeling a bit more lean. However, I've been having some digestion problems, and these problems are messing with my stomach. No matter how little I eat or hungry I feel, my stomach feels bloated. Also, I've always had trouble going #2 on a regular basis, but my problem seems to have gotten a bit worse these days. I'm gonna try to up my fiber intake and see what happens...

No comments:
Post a Comment