About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chocolate + Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I ate a lot of chocolate and cookies. Precisely, chocolate chip cookies. I ate an entire box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts and 3 entire servings (at 150 calories a serving) of chocolate chip cookies.

Breakfast started out all right. I had slept over a friend's house, so I ended up eating a relatively healthy meal (and a healthy portion). Oh, and I had about 1/4 of an apple. All nice and sound up to this point.

It happened when I got home. It was so cold out, and I needed something warm. I wanted coffee, but didn't feel like walking across the street to Starbucks in the freezing cold, so I went to the next closest place, a mini mart.

At the mini mart, of course I headed straight for the chocolate aisle and the cookie aisle. Didn't care to look at the refrigerated coffee drinks section. I desperately wanted something sweet. It's kind of like my drug. I wanted something crunchy, something sweet, but not something too heavy (like pastries). Chocolate seemed like the perfect answer. Now for the crunchy part, I contemplated getting some potato chips, but they're way too salty for my taste, and I'm not interested in the bloating it causes. Therefore I chose to look at some cookies. When I got home, I discovered that the cookies, to my dismay, were separated into 1/2 serving sizes. I was expecting to eat the whole carton of cookies without any interruption, without having to open up plastic wrapper after wrapper. (Not that this really stopped me from eating the entire carton anyway.) So I ended up eating the entire stash of junk I bought at the mini mart (chocolate and cookies), and also ate quite a hearty dinner in the early evening. By the way, I had black coffee with the cookies. It was a tasty, balanced flavor combination... the bitterness of the coffee and the sweet crunchiness of the cookies.

For dinner, I had stir-fried brown rice (tofu, chicken breast, carrot, garlic, + red pepper paste), left over rice cakes, and two left over ginormous dumplings. Thankfully, I had the sense to work out (I was also scared to NOT work out after having eaten this much). I did Walk Away the Pounds (5 miles). However, later in the evening, post-exercise, I added more calories to my body by having a walnut/peanut-flavored yogurt drink. It was quite tasty, and just what I needed for my slight twinge of hunger.

So, was today a success? No. Not really on the food front. Nevertheless, I recorded what I ate and how much I exercised. At least I exercised, right? And I got a lot done--did the laundry, cleaned out the fridge by throwing away old food, gathered all the trash, tidied up the bathroom, and packed tomorrow's lunch. I just need to remember how I feel after eating certain foods. I want to make choices that make me feel good and proud and light. The opposite effect would be to be filled with shame and regret, along with the feeling of heaviness and bloating.

No comments:

Post a Comment