When I first created this blog, I did so out of pure desperation and frustration. And although I'm still struggling with the same issues as before, I'm not feeling as desperate about it. I really want to enjoy life to the fullest. I want to be bold about my tastes, and poised and unhesitating and unself-conscious.
I don't want to spend life fretting about whether my interests would socially be "accepted," or whether I'd be deemed entirely desperate by the masses. I want to lay myself out and say, "Here is me. Here is who I am at the moment. Here are my likes and dislikes. These things are what I derive pleasure from. You can take it or leave it." The thing is, if we as a society are all going to find ways to annoy each other anyway, I'd rather be hated for who I am, than for who I am not. Therefore, I want to present myself as accurately and un-apologetically as possible.
And although my tastes or even I as a PERSON, may be dismissed entirely as "odd" or "weird," perhaps there is a chance that my tastes could also provoke the reaction, "Ah, you too?! I thought I was the only one!" (<-- For C.S. Lewis readers, yes, that is a rough allusion to his famous quote. I'd quote directly if I could, but at the moment I can't be bothered to look up his exact words.)
So the point is, I've changed the heading for my blog. It used to say in big black letters, "Struggling." But now, it reads, "Shameless Bliss." Cause that's what I believe in. And also, because "Struggling" just seems so desperate and helpless. By the expression "shameless bliss," no, I am not referring to endless nights of drinking or sexual escapades. Because well, frankly, I wouldn't exactly describe endless nights of drinking or uncontrolled sexual escapades as "bliss," but also because I don't think that's what God would desire for me either. Not that God desires someone who is out for only her pleasure..... But you get my drift. Nothing shameful about enjoying the little pleasures that life has to offer, is there? :)
I'll still from time to time be writing about my food choices and progress (or lack thereof). I also want to, however, write about the things that bring me a sense (or surge) of pleasure and share my sensations with whoever is open to reading them!

Kind of like Emily Dickinson. "I'm Nobody! Who are you? / Are you - Nobody - too?"
ReplyDeleteYou rock. So does C.S. Lewis. ;)