About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something year old woman who's hoping to reap something positive from honest blogging. I intend to fully live--that is, live an un-apologetically pleasure-filled life, while remaining principled and trying to keep in mind what God desires for me.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Yummy Italian :)

Okay, today's post is not a tribute to Italian food, although I did have some delicious eats today. Dinner (which did consist of Italian food) was, however, one of the highlights of my day, so I wanted to give a shout out to it in my title!

Today was different from previous Sundays. Yesterday, while I was working out, I vowed to myself that I'd try to get a good workout in first thing in the morning everyday, no more excuses, so right before I went to bed in the evening, I had set my alarm for 5:15 a.m. For the past several weeks, I've been waking up at around 7:30 in the morning and lounging around for most of the morning hours, up until even noon, which is when my day officially started. (I am currently unemployed, so what I mean by my day officially starting is that that's when I washed up and got out of my pj's.) Anyway, so it came as no surprise that when my alarm rang today morning, I immediately turned it off and went back to sleep!

Fortunately, however, I woke up again at around 7:00 and managed to force myself out of bed. I didn't want to keep perpetuating the cycle of disappointment in myself. I actually got out of bed, quickly washed my face, slipped my contacts in, got changed into a different outfit, put socks on, MADE myself a cup of cold coffee with cream, downed the coffee, grabbed a cold bottle of water from the fridge, and headed down to the basement to exercise! Lo and behold, I ended up doing 3 miles with weights and 1 additional mile, for a total of 4 miles! I got 4 miles out of the way early in the morning! This isn't news to me, but working out and sweating it out felt SO good!

Today's eats:

-coffee with cream
-100 calorie Blue Diamond cinnamon brown sugar almonds
-90 calorie Fiber One peanut butter brownie
-2 glasses, of red wine, a bit of seafood pasta w/ white sauce, chicken parmigiana, house salad with garlic olive oil dressing, fried calamari, DIVINE white pizza (with broccoli, tomato, and ricotta)!!!
-decaf coffee with cream

Yes, the food at the Italian place was quite decadent, but I didn't overeat by any means. All of the dishes were shared. It was really delicious, and I enjoyed every moment of it! Tomorrow I plan on getting my workout in early again. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment