So, Christmas has come and gone with absolutely no snow. No "White Christmas" this year! :( I must admit here, again, that I absolutely have not been tracking my food or even really caring what and/or how much of I've been eating. On top of that, I haven't been exercising, either. I have no urge to "dress up" or even to wear jeans and heels, for that matter. I feel unattractive and unhealthy.
(I apologize for being such a downer here, but I'm just getting the truth off my chest; I simply use this blog as a means of expression.) For months, I have been jobless, suffering from insecurities and lack of motivation. In trying to figure out what exactly it is that could motivate me NOW, I refer back to my very first success with weight loss. Several years ago, when I first truly lost weight, it was summer time. I was irritated by my circumstances. I was irritated with people. I was moved by an episode of "The Biggest Loser." I needed an outlet. I was offended by comments that several family members had made about my lack of confidence in my body. I wanted to show them who is boss, show them who is a hottie. I wanted revenge. It was hot outside. I used my basement as an area to avoid people, to escape from it all with exercise. I sweated it out. I was determined, and I needed some type of escape from it all. Therefore, I exercised for 2 hours each day, everyday. I counted calories, making sure to keep within the standard 1200 daily limit. I invested in nice tasting bottled zero calorie flavored water. It worked. In 3 weeks, I had lost about 10 pounds. It was "only" 10 pounds, but those pounds made a big difference on my short frame. I was receiving compliments and positive attention from everyone around me. I was happy. I was busy. I was student teaching at a nearby junior high school.
Then, I started to relax. Count calories less. Still strict with my exercise. After several months teaching part-time at two different schools, I decided to take up a great opportunity and teach English abroad for a year. While living in a different country, far from family and close friends, I was lonely. Too lonely. Don't get me wrong--of course, at first, I was busy. I didn't have time to overeat. A year flew by. Then another year spent essentially alone away from my family. I started to binge. I still exercised, but I always overate. I gained, but managed to not gain too much by continuously exercising.
Now, I'm back in the States. Steadily losing confidence in myself. Steadily losing all motivation to watch what I eat. Hurt by fruitless relationships. It's cold outside. Not cold for winter standards, but nevertheless cold. I want to stay under the covers all day. When I feel hunger pangs, I come downstairs and fix myself something to eat. Then back in bed. Sometimes I sit up in bed and eat it, and then lie down again. It's getting bad. I shower because otherwise, my appearance and behavior and overall lack of zeal for life will alarm my parents. I buy things because it gives me temporary satisfaction. Not that I have money to buy these things, and not that I spend extravagantly. However, I do think that I spend more than I need to, especially on food.
While watching "The Dr. Oz Show" in bed today, I vowed that I'd get back on the losing weight wagon. The show was about ways to blast belly fat. I want to eat healthily, but I don't want to forgo the delicious foods, either. And it's cold. I want to stay wrapped up and warm. I was going to exercise today, but now it's close to 10 o'clock in the evening, and I obviously won't do it today. Hopefully I'll do it tomorrow.

You remind me of my big sis. She exercises like a champ but has a really hard time with eating right. She has managed to lose a ton of weight though she would have been able to do it faster if she could keep her eating in check, If you start with getting healthy and fit hopefully everything else will follow. If you are interested I just wrote a post about the Beach Body challenge. Maybe you just need a good plan. New year new start.
ReplyDelete